Jr. Systems Admin/Dispatcher
Maintain smooth operation of client computer systems. Monitor Job queue and assign work to technicians.
Perform the implementation of System and Network projects and serve as point of contact with the ability to resolve challenging technical issues in line with internal and external client expectations.
- Manage and maintain core Microsoft technologies.
- Setup and maintain end user desktop systems and applications.
- Address desktop and server issues as they arise.
- Identify and resolve network issues.
- Maintain cloud-based solutions.
- Setup and maintain backup systems and 3rd party appliances like spam filters.
- Proactively monitor customers’ IT infrastructure to help minimize any disruptions.
- Provide support to end users for remote connectivity to the office from home computers or laptops.
- Monitor Job queue and assign work to appropriate technicians.
- Communicate with other technicians work which has been assigned to them.
- Help technicians plan their workloads.
- Monitor Backup systems for failures.
- Monitor Customer sites to ensure updates and patches are applying.
- Provide after-hours support for emergencies and occasional weekend maintenance.
This is an entry level position ideal for someone who has just completed technical training. While your primary responsibility will be to manage the job queue and assign tickets you will also be considered help desk tier 1.
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Self motivated
- Work well with others