Are you unsure of the current state of your IT environment?
Are your current IT solutions supporting your business objectives?
Are there projects that require technical support and project management?
If you said yes to any of these, you would benefit from IT consulting. IT consulting & management services can cover a small project to a full managed services engagement. Either way, the service provider will assist with technology solutions that fit your company or project.
Kansas City Managed IT is a full-service consulting company that provides expert managed services to Kansas City, MO, Overland Park, KS, and the surrounding areas. Our team of technicians not only have the core set of IT skills, but each maintains a defined skill set in a specific area of information technology. This allows our team to manage virtually any IT needs.
When looking for an IT consulting partner, it is important to choose one who not only understands information technology but also puts your company’s business objectives at the forefront. Unfortunately, the IT consulting industry is full of independent contractors and technology consulting firms that believe there is only one way to do things, and they fail to understand that all businesses require different IT needs.
If your company uses Kansas City Managed IT for IT consulting services, here is what to expect for varying levels of involvement:
If your company is looking for technical assistance as part of a larger project, our IT consultants can assist with technology services that fit within the scope of the project. This may also include deploying your technology solutions as well.
From general managed IT services to implementing custom software to your business, we can handle it all. In the event that your company is looking for Kansas City Managed IT to take on a project management role, our IT consultants would come in and provide IT management consulting throughout the duration of the project. They work with decision-makers to understand the desired result, budget, and ideal timeframe for completion before embarking on the project.
IT-Focused Business Consulting
Kansas City business owners know that great managed IT services include more than technical support. A great partner helps cater information technology to support business objectives. Our business consulting services frame everything through the lens of your IT, and how your investment in technology is impacting your bottom line.
We'll help you identify efficient technology solutions that cut down on
Partnering with Internal Information Technology Team
If your business is looking for an information technology partner to perform all help desk and IT support duties, relieving an in-house IT staff of several day-to-day distractions, we offer several services. This allows the internal IT staff to focus their attention on strategic IT projects and IT planning to help efficiency in business processes. Kansas City Managed IT provides an internal team with support in any of the IT service areas listed in Complete IT Environment Consulting.
Complete IT Environment Consulting
When providing technology consulting/IT planning for your entire infrastructure, our team of IT consultants analyze the following areas:
- IT Security: Our IT consultants will determine what IT security is already instituted to better understand if additional security measures are required to protect the technical environment or intellectual property. If the partnership includes managed services, we will make sure all enabled security features remain up to date.
- Backup & Disaster Recovery: As a technology consulting firm, it is essential we establish the proper backup solution and disaster recovery plan to ensure business continuity for your company. No company is built the same, so we provide different offerings that take budget, amount of data, and recovery time objective into account. Again, if managed services are included in the engagement, we will continue to monitor and test backups to ensure they are up to date. In the event of a disaster (even if there is no managed services agreement), our team can implement the technical aspects of a business continuity/disaster recovery plan. Typically, this will consist of pulling crucial data (intellectual property, client information etc.) from backups and rebuilding or setting up new machines to get the business back up and running with as little downtime as possible.
- Cloud Services: Our team of IT professionals can determine if your information technology environment would be better hosted in the cloud or an in-house server. If a cloud infrastructure makes the most sense, we would look at cloud services like Microsoft Azure or AWS to set up the cloud environment.
- Email: Our IT consultants will determine if your current email solution is best suited for your internal IT strategy. If not, we recommend alternative providers such a Microsoft Office 365. If your current email solution efficiently supports your business processes, we assist with the best spam filtering option for your company. In general, the built-in spam filtering that comes with Office 365 or Google Business, does not provide robust and thorough filtering.
- Application/Software: Our team of IT professionals will analyze the different applications or software to ensure they are up to date and if it is the best solution to keep business processes running efficiently.
Hardware: Our IT consulting staff will determine the age and state of your company’s hardware. If we suggest replacing outdated or inefficient hardware, we recommend new machines and provide setup if requested.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Managed IT Services?
Managed services include ongoing technical support for all of your business' IT needs. Our team will remain on-call, ready to help with any technology services you need. We'll help your team perform essential tasks, such as updating outdated hardware, performing scheduled maintenance on your IT infrastructure, and providing technical assistance whenever you need it.
What is IT Management Consulting?
Providing managed IT consulting services involve our team getting to know your business inside and out and helping tailor your IT infrastructure to meet your business needs. Whenever you are unsure how to speed up a process, we can provide suggestions that work for your most important consideration: your bottom line. We'll use our IT expertise, business acumen, and years of experience to find cost-effective technology solutions that help you and your employees effectively serve customers.
Why is Cybersecurity Important?
Cybersecurity is essential for any modern business that is involved with internet-connected systems. There are many layers to cybersecurity, and companies should make sure they are covering all of their bases so their data is not compromised. If you are lacking in security, it is not a matter of if, but when you will experience a security breach. Partner with a trusted IT management company that provides consulting services to support your business' security - you will be happy you did.
How do I know when it's time for a new backup solution?
Backup solutions for your data and IT infrastructure are important for ensuring your business will continue running smoothly. Like many other facets of business and technology, backups are continually evolving. You should speak to your IT consulting partner at least once per year to ensure your current backup strategy is secure and effective.
Can you help my business implement custom software?
Yes - our team of IT experts will consult with your business to provide custom software that helps move the needle for your business.
What areas do you serve?
Our services span across Kansas City's surrounding area, including but not limited to:
Kansas City, Mo, Kansas City, KS, Overland Park KS, Leawood KS, and Olathe KS.
IT Planning for the Future
If you are considering managed IT service providers or local consulting firms, consider Kansas City Managed IT. We believe one of the most important pieces a consultant provides is planning for the future. By engaging in a complete assessment of your environment, an IT consulting firm can provide you a list of equipment, programs, etc. that require updates or replacement in the future. With an investment timeline for those changes, your company will be able to strategically budget for purchases, reducing surprise costs.
An on-call, experienced service provider is critical when you are in need of IT support, even if it is not utilized often. An IT consulting company like Kansas City Managed IT can familiarize itself with your environment, making it easier for the team to provide strategic IT resolutions quickly.
If you would like more information or to schedule time for an IT assessment of your environment, please reach out to Kansas City Managed IT today.